Help build our team for a growing future
Epuron has a dynamic and committed team which is focussed on making great projects happen. We've been doing that successfully for more than 15 years.
We're a small and diverse group of around 20 professionals working across solar, wind and energy storage projects. Each team member is involved in many different aspects of a project, providing variety and an opportunity to learn. Most of our team enjoy regular travel to project sites across Australia, based out of our new offices in North Sydney.
If you're keen to explore joining our growing team, and have skills and experience that add value to our activities, we'd like to hear from you.
Epuron is currently seeking to fill the following role :
Wind & Solar Engineer / Analyst
The successful candidate will take ownership and responsibility for the design and analysis of wind and solar farms, for the measurement campaigns and data interpretation, and be a core part of a team developing major renewable energy projects. A strong analytical capability, combined with practical thinking and mindset are essential, along with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing timelines. You will work closely with development project managers and third-party stakeholders to support the development of key projects.
- Wind farm Site Analysis
- Conduct wind data analysis and high-quality site assessment
- Undertake wind resource and energy yield assessments
- Design and optimize turbine layouts based on known site constraints and wind analysis
- Conduct initial environmental assessments for wind farm sites including noise and shadow flicker assessments. Assess the viability of new wind farm sites
- Wind Monitoring Management
- Conduct regular wind data reviews for fault identification, fault diagnosis and reporting related to field-based monitoring equipment
- Coordinate and oversee wind monitoring station (SoDAR and mast) maintenance, installation and decommissioning
- Develop wind monitoring campaigns
- Design preliminary solar farm layouts
- Calculate energy yields for solar farm sites. Assist the Solar Asset Manager with existing solar sites
- Other Tasks
- Conduct additional data analysis when required (e.g. related to grid connection)
- Conduct analysis on optimal sizing of hybrid energy systems
- Create GIS files to assist in site design (e.g. slope maps, access track and reticulation layouts, terrain profiles, etc.) Create site maps and general reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant Degree in Engineering or Science
- 2+ years’ experience in a wind resource role
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in other Microsoft Office programs
- Strong working knowledge of relevant analysis software
- Wind farm: e.g. WindFarmer, WindPro, WAsP and Windographer
- Solar farm: e.g. PVsyst and Helioscope
- GIS software: e.g. MapInfo and QGIS
Applicants would have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, be willing to be based in Sydney, and have full legal rights to live and work in Australia. To Apply, please forward your CV and covering letter indicating your interest to our recruiting team.
Send us your resume
We're always looking for people to join the team, and particularly interested in applicants with >5 years relevant experience such as:
- project management, particularly for solar and wind energy projects
- land management and landowner liaison for large infrastructure projects
- grid connection negotiation and planning
- wind data management and wind engineering
You would also need residency or work visa and a valid drivers license.
If this is you, please send a CV and covering email indicating your interest to our recruiting team.