Mumbil Solar & Wind Farm Update
Key project snapshot:
- The project is expected to support a capacity of 100-200MW of combined wind and solar generation.
- The advantages of co-locating wind and solar energy includes:
- Complementary activity of wind at night and solar by day.
- Shared connection to into the existing electricity grid.
- Since our last update we have progressed specialist ecology surveys to support a development application.
The Mumbil NSW area has both an excellent wind and solar resource coupled with strong existing electrical infrastructure. This makes the area the perfect location for a wind farm, solar farm or a combination of both.
In response to current market conditions the project is expected to progress slower than originally anticipated.