Nominations open for community committee
Expressions of interest invited for CCC
Epuron is establishing a Community Consultative Committee (CCC) for the Burrendong Wind Farm.
The CCC will provide an important forum for discussion between the project team and the local community, and help to ensure local residents and stakeholders are:
- Kept informed of the status of the project, any new initiatives and Epuron's performance
- Consulted on plans and proposed changes
- Able to provide feedback on any issues that may arise
The NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) has appointed Garry West as independent chair for the Burrendong Wind Farm CCC. Mr West will oversee the member selection process and is now inviting expressions of interest from individuals who would like to represent the community as a member of the Burrendong Wind Farm CCC.
Interested individuals who live locally or are members of a stakeholder group (community, environment, Aboriginal or industry) are invited to apply. The role of a committee member is voluntary and members will be expected to:
- Contribute constructively to committee discussions
- Attend approximately four meetings a year
- Share information about the project with the broader community
- Agree to a Code of Conduct and sign a Declaration of personal interests
How to apply:
For further information and to apply please contact Garry West for a nomination form and a copy of the NSW CCC Guideline by phone 0418 215 059 or email email@example.com.
Nominations close 5pm Monday, 1 February 2021.