MEDIA RELEASE: Epuron a founding signatory to Best Practice Charter
CEC Best Practice Charter Epuron
Epuron is a founding signatory to the Clean Energy Council Best Practice Charter for Renewable Energy Developments. We commit to honouring the Best Practice Charter in our renewable energy projects:
- We will engage respectfully with the local community, including Traditional Owners of the land, to seek their views and input before finalising the design of the project and submitting a development application.
- We will provide timely information, and be accessible and responsive in addressing the local community’s feedback and concerns throughout the lifetime of the development.
- We will be sensitive to areas of high biodiversity, cultural and landscape value in the design and operation of projects.
- We will minimise the impacts on highly productive agricultural land where feasible, and explore opportunities to integrate continued agricultural production into the project.
- We will consult the community on the potential visual, noise, traffic and other impacts of the development, and on the mitigation options where relevant.
- We will support the local economy by providing local employment and procurement opportunities wherever possible.
- We will offer communities the opportunity to share in the benefits of the development, and consult them on the options available, including the relevant governance arrangements.
- We commit to using the development to support educational and tourism opportunities where appropriate.
- We will demonstrate responsible land stewardship over the life of the development and welcome opportunities to enhance the ecological and cultural value of the land.
- At the end of the project’s design or permitted life we will engage with the community on plans for the responsible decommissioning, or refurbishment/repowering of the site.