Sale of White Rock Wind Farm
Epuron has completed the sale of the White Rock Wind Farm project to Goldwind (Capital) Australia. Goldwind will complete the development of the wind farm and supply its state-of-art wind turbine generators for the project.
The White Rock Wind Farm is located in the New England Tablelands approximately 20 km west of Glen Innes and about 500 km north of Sydney. The wind farm project received development approval for up to 119 turbines from the NSW government in July 2012. This approval followed detailed environmental assessment and consultation with the local community and other key stakeholders.
The White Rock Wind Farm will provide the following benefits:
- Production of more than 830,000 MWh of electricity per year – sufficient for the average consumption of around 130,000 homesi;
- Improvements to the security of electricity supply through diversification of generation sources and locations;
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by approximately 754,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent per annumi;
- Contribution to the NSW and Australian Governments’ target of providing a minimum of 20% of consumed energy of renewable sources by 2020;
- Creation of local employment opportunities and local economic benefits; and
- An injection of up to $250 million into the Australian economy.
For further information and updates about the project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 859 660
i Calculated using the NSW Wind Farm Greenhouse Gas Savings Tool www.environment.nsw.gov.au/communities/greenhouse-gas-savings-tool.htm