Continuous improvement and best practice
Epuron aims to ensure all of its developments meet industry best practice, and that we continually improve our development practices.
We have for many years led the development of best practices, including our contributions to the development of various government and industry guidelines, as well as leading from the front in project commitments. For example, Epuron was the first company in Australia to propose a community development fund as part of a renewable energy project, a commitment which continues to this day.
Epuron a founding signatory to Best Practice Charter
Epuron is a founding signatory to the Clean Energy Council's Best Practice Charter for Renewable Energy Developments. We commit to honouring the Best Practice Charter in our renewable energy projects.
- We will engage respectfully with the local community, including Traditional Owners of the land, to seek their views and input before finalising the design of the project and submitting a development application.
- We will provide timely information, and be accessible and responsive in addressing the local community’s feedback and concerns throughout the lifetime of the development.
- We will be sensitive to areas of high biodiversity, cultural and landscape value in the design and operation of projects.
- We will minimise the impacts on highly productive agricultural land where feasible, and explore opportunities to integrate continued agricultural production into the project.
- We will consult the community on the potential visual, noise, traffic and other impacts of the development, and on the mitigation options where relevant.
- We will support the local economy by providing local employment and procurement opportunities wherever possible.
- We will offer communities the opportunity to share in the benefits of the development, and consult them on the options available, including the relevant governance arrangements.
- We commit to using the development to support educational and tourism opportunities where appropriate.
- We will demonstrate responsible land stewardship over the life of the development and welcome opportunities to enhance the ecological and cultural value of the land.
- At the end of the project’s design or permitted life we will engage with the community on plans for the responsible decommissioning, or refurbishment/repowering of the site.
Download the Best Practice Charter.